We aim to build an educational system well-balanced between specialty and interdisciplinary fields, and so develop human talent with high problem-solving skills able to commit to innovations that will open up the future of science.
Graduate School of Science and Faculty of Science
Yujiro HAYASHI Professor
Tohoku University's chemistry has a world-leading historical legacy, focused on the field of organic chemistry, of elucidating different kinds of phenomena at the molecular level. These results extend into all fields of chemistry including new catalyst development, natural product synthesis, new drug development, and biosensor technology. The goal of the newly started International Joint Graduate Program in Integrated Chemistry, namely GP-Chem, is to step into different fields such as physics, and the life and information sciences from the field of chemistry, an area in which Tohoku University has particular strengths, and standing on the foundation of a comprehensive knowledge of chemistry, carry out interdisciplinary research capable of meeting new challenges (see the figure below). Therefore, in this program we will build an educational system well-balanced between specialized and interdisciplinary fields, and develop talent well able to respond to problems, and who can commit to the innovation that will open up the way to future science.
- 2023.10.26Student Activity Report has been uploaded.
- 2023.10.17Kickoff Symposium was held
- 2023.10.17Summer School 2023 was held
- 2023.09.05Program for the Kickoff Symposium has been updated.
- 2023.08.02Summer Holidays Closing Notice
- 2023.06.30Kickoff symposium website is now available!
- 2023.06.30Notice of Cancellation of Student Recruitment for the October term of the academic year 2023.
- 2023.05.15GP-Chem Lecture (June 12, 2023)
- 2023.03.13GP-Chem Seminar (March 15, 2023)
- 2023.03.03Kick-off symposium of GP-Chem will be hold (Sep.6-7)
- 2023.03.03Summer School 2023 will be hold (Aug.7-8)
- 2023.01.04GP-Chem Information session for recruitment for new students in April.2023 will be held.
- 2022.12.23New Year Holidays Closing Notice
- 2022.12.23GP-Chem Application Guidelines for 2023 April have been posted
- 2022.08.29Summer School 2022 was held.